You can use a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod to backup the entire ROM, or you can use a third-party app like ROM Manager to backup just the current state of the ROM. Before you proceed with the instructions to flash firmware using LiveSuit Tool, it is recommended to follow the below-mentioned preparation steps for smoother flashing process. Before taking any step further, we request you to take a backup of your Android device. This will be very useful if something goes wrong while flashing. Here is the complete tutorial on how you can flash recovery via fastboot on your Android device.
- The one thing that stands in common among all these tutorials is the possibility of bricking your device.
- One way is to use the Android Debug Bridge (adb) tool that is included in the Android SDK.
- It simply restores everything just the way it was created.
- Imagine being on your device’s stock ROM, but with slight tweaks here and there that allow you to customize your device without losing out on the Stock stability.
- Magisk Zip allows rooting of Android devices with a systemless approach, avoiding modifications to the system partition.
We have shared the details for both- a single partition file as well as the entire firmware. If you have any queries relating to the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. There are websites dedicated to providing firmware files for various devices. Some popular repositories include FirmwareFile, NeedROM, and NaijaROM.
- After „ROM Manager” is installed and you start it you will need to install ClockworkMod Recovery (the first option in ROM Manager).
- This will create a complete copy of your Android device’s data, which you can restore if your device is ever lost or stolen.
- Third, it has amazing stability among all the ROMs that I have tested for years.
- In this step, you can either use Magisk or Kingroot Android apps to root your device.
- I’m glad that now you are able to flash any Custom ROM on your Android device.
The process is basically the same as making a normal backup, only you need to be sure to select Fastboot as your backup type. You need different tools to handle different tasks — some of which you can do on your phone, while others need a connection to a computer. So, in this guide, we have included everything you need to know about what is TWRP, its advantages, disadvantages, and the installation process. Before you proceed to the steps make sure to complete the requirements. It’s also worth keeping the software updated as new features.
So if you face such a scenario, you will have the tools to restore back to the original state. Now in the Pictures folder, all the Screenshots you take and the social media photos get saved in this folder. In the Download folder, whatever files, images, music, documents you download gets saved in this folder and the same for the music and ringtone folder. Let me free tell you why we are copying those folders like DCIM, Pictures, Download, Music, Ringtons, etc.. This DCIM folder consists of photos and videos taken from your phone camera. This way, you can save all your images and videos to your pc and restore them quickly on your phone. There are many important messages we sent and received to our android device.
See the instructions below to extract the boot.img file from the Realme/Oppo OZIP firmware. Here, we list every possible way to get boot.img for magisk. Magisk Zip allows rooting of Android devices with a systemless approach, avoiding modifications to the system partition. It offers easy installation, management and can also hide root status from root-detecting apps. Not all Android devices are supported by the official TWRP app, but that doesn’t mean you can’t install a TWRP recovery on your device. There is now a trend among Android users to install custom ROMs on their smartphones. Today, I’ll show you exactly how to Install Custom ROM on Android without PC.